It’s not mandatory for freelancers to have a website. Especially if you’re a beginner and working via any freelance marketplaces.
But if you want to be a professional freelancer then you do need a website.
So, try to create a website as soon as possible. It will help your freelancing business in the long run.
Why should freelancers have a website?
- Ability to create a portfolio and showcase your past works.
- Share necessary links with prospects & clients.
- Attract new clients.
- Generate organic traffics and drive them to the service/sales page.
- Create helpful resources for clients and answer common questions.
- Opportunity to get direct clients from the website and save marketplace commissions.
- It builds trust & reputation.
- People can contact you directly and ask you questions.
Having a professional website helps you from various directions in your freelance business.
Generally, freelancers sell more who have websites than those who don’t.
Buyers generally ask for portfolios & past work samples before they hire freelancers. But if you don’t have a website, then you will miss a lot of opportunities.
One thing that buyers don’t ask freelancers, it’s testimonials. But showing testimonials to prospects really converts well.
If you have a website then you have the opportunity to showcase testimonials.
THINKING OF THE RAPID LAUNCH OF YOUR BLOG?
A professional, mobile responsive & SEO-friendly blog can definitely grow faster.
If you work via a freelancing website, they will never chase you to create your own website. It’s required to grow your sales on the freelance marketplaces and also to build your own freelancing business in the future. On your website, the effort you are putting in today will become a strong source of revenue in the near future.